Saturday, September 27, 2008

Grand final day

Well today is the first year I haven't participated in grand final shenanigans.

Most likely because the teams playing are both Victorian teams, which I have no interest in. Neither do any of my friends, as they're not doing anything I can tag along to.

I am a BIG Sydney Swans player and my most favourite grand final was 2005 - Swans v Eagles (for the first time)

I went to the Leederville Hotel with my friends to watch it - in my Swans jersey


I didnt exactly think it through properly - as it was, Swans won, and I nearly got my head smacked in, but at the points in the game where they were losing (it was a close game) I also nearly got my head smacked in!

Lucky I had very protective friends with me.

The above picture was taken in my house in Innaloo when we were waiting for the taxi. My two best friends ever had come to my house (they dropped around all the time, they loved that house, it was a great location and it was an awesome villa. I really miss that now that I've moved). We had cooked the best ever bacon and eggs for breakfast, and then I had gone and kitted up in my Swans gear. I remember coming out into the living room area and they both laughed and rolled their eyes at me.

I was 20, single, and it was a lovely sunny spring day. I had so much fun.

Anyway, after the game I was super pissed and went home to sleep. One of my friends hooked in with this guy at the Leedy, and was trying to convince me to go with her to his friends house. The friend was my Lukey! I would have met him 3 months early. Hmm I wonder if that would have changed things???

As Luke and I met through mutual friends, we actually circled each other for months. I went to gatherings that he missed, and I missed gatherings he attended. But when we did eventually meet (just before Christmas in 2005), the spark was immediate. Apparently, everyone saw it except us. By New Years, it was on like donkey kong. But that's a story for another day!

I hope this years grand final is as special for someone out there as the grand final was for me in 2005.

2 comments:

lulu said...

Mmmm. Those sexy slippers are really doing it for me ;)

Bel said...

Hi Lulu!

I think at the time I thought "What colour clashes the most with all this red" and pink slippers it was!! VERY comfy though =)