Monday, February 16, 2009

The Immune System from Hell

Judging from the title, I bet you're thinking that my immune system is really crap right? Well actually, after 2 years of working in a chemist, handling snotty grotty money from sick customers, I have a super duper immune system that handles everything.

Why is it from hell then? Because every time everyone else gets colds, they come down with a cold, are sick for a few days and get better. Me? I come down with the cold, struggle and fight it off for about 2 weeks and then that's it. So for a good 3 weeks I wake up with sore throat, phlegm everywhere and general lethargy and dead-on-my-feet tiredness. But it never gets bad enough for me to take some sick leave and rest myself better. Argh. And usually, I feel worse on weekends, when I've been working like a dog all week and am run down to the max.

It sucks.

Is there some sort of name for this ailment?

No comments: