Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Proof that Perth Customer Service is crap-ola

Monday's experience at the dry-cleaner

As background, this happened on THIS Monday, which was the day before the Melbourne Cup.  It was 12.30pm, I was the only person in the dry cleaning store, and they didn't look particularly busy.

----------------------------------------

Me: Hi, (big smile) I would like to have these 2 ball gowns dry cleaned please!

Dry-cleaning lady (DCL): (In frantic tone) When do you need it by!?!?!?

Me: Well, I guess as soon as possible, I was hoping to drop this black one back to my friend, she lent it to me to wear, so I'd like to get it back to her sometime this week.

DCL: WHAT YOUR FRIEND IS GOING TO MELBOURNE!?!?!?!?!?!

Me: What?  Huh?  No my friend isn't going to Melbourne!

DCL: WHEN IS SHE GOING TO MELBOURNE????

Me: NO she's NOT going to MELBOURNE

DCL: Oh okay. (crosses arms across chest).

Me: (Not really knowing what to do, in total shock, takes dresses out of bag, lays them out on counter)

DCL: (inspects dresses) okay LOVE well I'll put them through for you, usually it doesn't take as long as there doesn't seem to be any stains on them.

Me: (still in shock at the bizarreness) Uh okay

DCL: (Walks over to register/computer thing and starts tapping away) Okay DARL you'll need to present this receipt when you pick the dresses up.  Okay see you later

Me: Okay can you let me know how many days you think it will take?

DCL: A COUPLE OF DAYS LOVE I SAID A COUPLE OF DAYS OKAY?!?!?!?!?!

Me: Okay, sorry, I must not have heard you say that.  I guess I'll see you then.

DCL: OKAY BYE (Big audible sigh as I walk out of the shop)

----------------------------------------

So uh I still don't really know WHY she treated me with pure hatred...And the dry cleaning was pretty expensive to boot.

In her defense, I guess she's probably underpaid and not fulfilling her life's dreams by working in a dry cleaning store, but I was so shocked that  I could hardly speak after leaving the store.

I just hope I get the dresses back and she didn't slash them to bits as soon as I left!

No comments: