Monday, October 20, 2008

A big, expensive weekend

Whew what a weekend!

Friday night was lovely, I attended a work function at Sandalford Winery in the Swan Valley. Sandalford is my favourite Perth winery, I particularly love their Element Late Harvest at the moment. The function was held in their cellar room and it was lovely atmosphere. A lovely ex-MP was there - she used to be my mentor and it was great to see her again.

Saturday was extremely busy - I had a doctors appointment (just a checkup) then I had to go to Medicare to get my $ back, then I wanted to buy some work dresses but the store I wanted to get them from was closed, then I had to go to get my elmo eyebrow sorted, then I had a home open... and I put in an offer... and it was accepted! Yay. I didn't have to budge on my original offer very much, so I was very pleased. The unit has a lot going for it and it will rent out well. So that night we went to Craigie Tavern, to celebrate and it was soooo much fun! They were having a karaoke tonight and it was really funny. Then Lukey's brothers girlfriend got up and sang - she's a professional and everyone was telling her she should go on Australian Idol and in the end she told them the truth - that she already has a recording contract teehehehe.

Sunday morning we went to Yum Cha for breakfast with Luke's family, arggggh I would have much preferred to stay in bed! Then we went home and Luke and his brother started digging in the garden and found an underground drug lab! It was all filled in but you can see where it had chain lights up for the hydroponic set up. Weird. Then Sunday afternoon we went to the Saint to watch Luke's brother play in a band there which was fun, then last night we watched Black Snake Moan - great movie, then promptly fell into bed and passed out from exhaustion!

I've come back to work today for a rest! I hope next weekend is MUCH quieter ;)

No comments: