Friday, October 3, 2008

Champagne tastes on a beer budget

I work at the airport, and every time I go out, I have to drive under this advertisement:



It is ridiculously difficult because I want a Georg Jensen ring SO badly. I guess advertising really works on me! But I have wanted a Georg Jensen Fusion Ring for years and years. Possibly since they were designed in 2000! The scary thing is that now it is in the realms of possibility.

Until recently, I also really badly wanted this Oroton bag:

It's the Ebony Brief Tote. I got a tax return this year and spent it on my beautiful bag. It's just gorgeous. It fits everything in like a briefcase (I'm often going off site to meetings or taking work home) but is still super stylish. I'm a little bit in love with it.

I moved out of home when I was barely 18. The rental market was not as crazy, but I studied full time and worked 26 hours a week to pay the rent. It was a real struggle - I remember going to my parents for dinner quite often because I had nothing to eat!

I had champagne tastes on a beer budget.

But I got there. Now I'm finished uni, I have a wonderful job, and I have champagne tastes on a champagne budget and its a lovely change.

I know its terrible to spend so much money on one single vanity item, but the georg jensen rings are just so beautiful! I might send Lukey a not-so-anonymous hint email hehe.

Or maybe I'll just keep dreaming and wanting? Sometimes it's good for the soul to not always get what you want!

Credits to oroton.com and georgjenson.com for the pics

1 comment:

lulu said...

Those Georg Jensen rings are GORGEOUS! Heather's husband, Clay, has one. It was the most expensive part of their budget wedding - even cost more than her rings combined!

And there's nothing wrong with splurging on some Veuve or Cristal every now and then. I'm sure you deserve it ;)